Buy Local Campaign
Advantages for Businesses to Participate
- Preservation: Towns that actively embrace buying local preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses, giving the town an economic advantage.
- Prosperity: Locally owned businesses create more local jobs and provide better wages.
- Greatest Need: Local businesses have the ability to select products they feel are of the greatest demand to their customers and in turn guarantee a broad range of product choices.
- Advertising: Use of the Try Local, Buy Local logo in advertising creates an immediate visual recognition of businesses supporting the local economy.
- Revenue: Increasing revenue allows you to continue to support local community organizations.
- Competition: Higher visibility of local businesses helps the hometown guy compete.
- Unique Benefits: Personal customer service not found in big city stores and keeping the dollars local.
- Education: Inform the public on products and services available locally.
- Diversity: A competitive, diverse small business community helps ensures product diversity and low pricing.
- Visibility: More visibility + more foot traffic + more sales = more revenue!
Advantages for Consumers to Participate
- Personal Service: People who care to make a difference
- Convenience: Closest to home and or work
- Economical: Saving gas and time
- Support: The family, friends, neighbors, & the local team
- Ownership: Local City, Townships, and school district
- Public Safety: Police and fire protection
- “It’s the Right Thing to Do”